NTI Career Institute in Houston has several policies put in place regarding credits, our grading system, enrollment cancellation, refunds, military service, and more. View our policies in full below.
POLICY FOR GRANTING CREDIT
NTI Career Institute will review all prior educational and work experiences.
Course completion may be awarded to students who have satisfactorily earned a grade of A, B, or C; who have satisfactorily completed courses or training, as required for graduation from NTI Career Institute.
Fulfill Financial Obligations
NTI Career Institute uses a number-letter system of grading, with number grades being assigned to mail-in assignments and letter grades to completed courses. The course Grade Point Average is determined by obtaining a weighted average of designated mail in assignments.
Numerical Grade Letter Grade Rating
In order for students to graduate from the course, they must submit all assignments, complete the course with a GPA of 75% or above and fulfill their tuition obligation. When students graduate, they will receive their Certificate of Completion along with any applicable graduation gifts and be eligible for graduate support.
Refunds will be based on a straight proportion of the remaining portion of the period for which the student has been charged—up to the point at which 75 percent of the period has been completed. If the student terminates during a period of the program in which he or she has passed the 75 percent point and is not due a refund, the student may receive an incomplete and return within a year at no additional charge.
- Refund computations will be based on scheduled course time of class attendance through the last date of attendance. Leaves of absence, suspensions, and school holidays will not be counted as part of the scheduled class attendance.
- The effective date of termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
- The last day of attendance, if the student is terminated by the school;
- The date of receipt of written notice from the student; or
- Ten school days following the last date of attendance.
- An enrollee is not accepted by the NTI Career Institute;
- If the course of instruction is discontinued by the NTI Career Institute and this prevents the student from completing the course; or
- If the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the NTI Career Institute, or representations by the owner or representatives of the NTI Career Institute.
A full or partial refund may also be due in other circumstances of program deficiencies or violations of requirements for career NTI Career Institutes and colleges.
A student of the school or college who withdraws from the school or college as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
- if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal;
- a grade of incomplete with the designation “withdrawn-military” for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
- The assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has;
- Satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and
- Demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program materials to receive credit for completing the program.
Policies and Procedures to Resolve Student Grievance /Complaints
Any student who has filed a grievance claiming that his or her rights as a student of NTI Career Institute (NTI CAREER INSTITUTE ) have been violated or discriminated against by either race, color, age, disability, national origin, religion, veteran status, sex or sexual orientation, including sexual harassment, has the opportunity to seek resolution for such grievance. This may take place formally through an established grievance procedure, or the matter may be handled informally through mediation of designated officers of the institution. Written responses will be given to the student within seven working days. If the problem remains unresolved, students may contact the Director of the program and within ten working days a written response is given to the student. If the matter is then unresolved you may contact Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges at 512-936-3100, 501 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778.
If the student decides he or she wants to file a formal complaint against another member of the institution the student must put it in writing the date, potential witnesses, and the nature of the complaint. From there, an investigation will be launched in order to determine whether there is a reasonable basis for taking action. Students will have a three day time span to file a written complaint.
He or she that feels that they have become victim of harassment or discrimination and their rights as a student have been violated may attempt to resolve the situation by bringing the complaint to the intuitions dean. By doing so the Director will contact the student by which the grievance has been filed against them in order to inform them about the grievance and that facts will be compiled and if both parties wish, a meeting will be arranged in order to bring closure to this matter. In the event that either party can reach an agreement, or the attempt was deemed unsuccessful, then it will be moved to a formal resolution.
NOTICE: STUDENT COMPLAINT POLICY
NTI Career Institute has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). The TWC-assigned school number is: S 4104.
NTI Career Institute programs are approved by TWC.
Students must address their concerns about this school or any of its educational programs by following the grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog. NTI Career Institute are responsible for ensuring and documenting that all students have received a copy of the school’s grievance procedures and for describing these procedures in the school’s published catalog. If, as a student, you were not provided with this information, please inform school management.
Students dissatisfied with this NTI Career Institute response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school, can file a formal complaint with TWC , as well as with other relevant agencies or accreditors, if applicable.
Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC’s Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://csc.twc.state.tx.us/.